Monday, July 25, 2005

Hello!

Hello!! My name is Myriam. I am 23 years old and i just started knitting in September of '04. My Omi tried to teach me to knit when i was smaller but it just never clicked. I went into Waldenbooks one day with a 25% off coupon and started looking for a book to buy and Bam! i saw Stitch' N Bitch by Debbie Stoller and something about it just appealled to me and after getting the necessary utensils i was knitting, knitting, knitting. And i haven't been able to put down the needles since. I LOVE IT!!! and it just came so naturally i didnt have a lot of trouble when i was starting out, my first couple swatches looked pretty descent no major holes or anything like that. I have done a few things and i will add the pics with little descriptions next time i write.
I am married and have a 15 month old son, so i keep busy during the day. Any chance i get i try to knit. Usually i knit everyday after i put him to bed for about an hour or so. It's such a nice way to end the day and it's really the only time i have to knit so i try to get alot done while i can especially since there is still alit of stuff i havent made yet so i am trying to knit all kinds of different things.
I am making a little cover for my laptop right now and that's almost done it's very simple but it is my first project i made on my own as far as figuring out size, number of stitches for whole thing, stitches per inch, and graphing the letters. And yes i have made a few little mistakes, nothing major at all but it has been a great learning experience.
Pics next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home